Department of Applied Social Sciences, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, has devoted to increase the quality of China social work education and sustainable development. With the kind support of United Board, we have started Yuan Rong Social Work Training Programs since 2014.
- To set up a platform of “ Education – Research – Supervision- Practice site” for strengthening the cooperation in relevant areas among Mainland China, Hong Kong and foreign countries, so that social work educators and supervision, as well as the sustainable development of their profession can be developed.
- To improve further on the local program of master/ bachelor of social work, and build up the scholar’s ability strategically in various areas of social work, such as education, research, training and explosion of practice sites.
- To educate social work educators and social workers to have a deeper thought on the reason for social issues, direction and strategy of intervention through action research / practice research.
- To assist social work trainers to expand the practice research sites of the elderly and children with difficulties in life (or other different areas), with a final aim to develop the programs and materials of practice education in relevant areas, which are suitable for China.
- Phase I of " Yuan Rong" Program - Social Work Practicum Education in Xi'an (December 13 to 16, 2014)
- Phase I of " Yuan Rong" Program - Social Work Practicum Education - Organization Supervision in Xi'an (April 7 to 10, 2015)
- Phase II of " Yuan Rong" Program - Social Work Practicum Education in Xi'an (June 1 to 4, 2015)
- Phase II of " Yuan Rong" Program - Social Work Practicum Education 2015/16 (The Workshop of Practicum Site Action Research) (November 11 to 12, 2015)
- Phase II of " Yuan Rong" Program - Social Work Practicum Education 2015/16 (Community Organization and Development) (December 17 to 19, 2015)
- Phase II of " Yuan Rong" Program - Social Work Practicum Education (Women, Rehabilitation Social Work and Practicum Site Action Research Workshop II) (May 16 to 19, 2016)
- Northwest University Master of Social Work (MSW) Education Centre
- Northwest University Shanxi Charity Culture Studying Centre
- Shanxi Rongtong Social Work Affairs Office
- Xi’an Tongli International College
- Xi’an Translation University