Since Chinese economic reform, the problem of rural areas in China has become more and more serious. The issue of "agriculture, rural areas and farmers" is a topic of great concern to the country. In view of this, from 2014 onwards, Peking University - Hong Kong Polytechnic University Social Work Research Center invites experts and scholars at home and abroad to introduce the frontiers of rural social work theory and practical experience, so as to weave a Chinese rural social work network, and help young teachers participated in training to open up the rural social work practice research base on their location. Hopefully, rural social work courses and teaching materials suitable the Chinese social context can finally be developed .
- In the form of an action dialogue, participants will be able to review their life experiences as social work educators and actors, reflect on their own reflections, sum up and refine their experience, and develop the power of action.
- Through floor-to-floor and multi-faceted forms, participants will have a better understanding of China's rural areas and reflect on China's rural development.
- Through lectures and reading sessions, participants will be able to master the theory of rural social work;
- Through participatory fieldwork, participants will learn how to assess rural social work
- Through mutual reports of learning outcomes and progress, participants will learn about the concepts and practices of rural social work in the process of reflection.
Targets: The training focuses on social work teachers in colleges and universities, especially those in western universities.
Forms: Classroom Study, Essay Study, Exchange Seminars, Field Visits, Life Experience, Ecological Farming, Action Research Dialogue Workshops , Team Building and so on.
- China Rural Social Work station training in 2014 (September 29 to October 5,2014, Xi’an , Shanxi)
- The first Phase of Thematic Working Group training - China Rural Social Work Learning Network (February 1 to 7, 2015, Xi’an , Shaanxi and Shanyang, Shanxi)
- The Second Phase of Thematic Working Group training - China Rural Social Work Learning Network (August 17 to 23, 2015, Dengfeng , Henan and Yongji, Shanxi)
- The Third Phase of Thematic Working Group training - China Rural Social Work Learning Network (January 2 to 7, 2016, Fuyang , Anhui)
- The Forth Phase of Thematic Working Group training - China Rural Social Work Learning Network (August 2 to 10, 2016, Yushu, Qinghai)