In China, urban public services for migrant workers have been lagging behind, and their communities suffer from inadequate public service facilities and re-education resources, as well as difficulties in their children's education and urban integration. In recent years, the problem has drawn more attention. A number of social work organizations devoted to migrant workers services have been set up all over China and they need social workers with relevant knowledge. The project is in response to this demand by launching a series of training activities for university teachers who are concerned about the issues of migrant workers and social workers in the community of migrant workers.
Four thematic groups are organized once every six months. The four thematic groups focuses on the analysis and exchange of work practices based on the different related topics, such as the rights and interests of migrant workers, social work of enterprises, service for children of migrant workers, the integration of migrant workers in city and so on, and explore the new challenges and new problems.
- To raise the ability of social workers to do the same in their own way through assessment.
- To explore the professionalization of migrant workers' social work and its future development.
- To establish a platform for mutual learning so that faculty and social workers from different regions can have more opportunities for communication.
- The Workshop of Women Social Work: The policy and practice in the vision of feminism (March 22 to 28, 2015)
- The First Phase of Migrant Social Work Workshop and The First Cohort of Cultural Festival for the Southern Workers (May 23 to 29, 2015)
- Social Work Training Workshop for Female Migrant Workers (November 11 to 8, 2015)
- The Conference on Women Reproduction Health and Service (May 5 to 6, 2016)
- The Workshop on Youth Gender and Sex Education (June 30 to July 3, 2016)